Criteria for Making Investments
Chippewa Valley Angel Investors Network, LLC plans to make equity investments in companies with the potential to rapidly scale into market and financial leadership. This usually implies potential for high growth, a strong market position, and a sustainable competitive advantage. In general, ideal candidates will have many of the following characteristics:
- A comprehensive, compelling and well-articulated business plan.
- A defined market opportunity sufficiently large to create a business with strong potential for significant annual revenues.
- The entrepreneurial venture either is or will be located within the Greater Chippewa Valley (within 100 miles), or has an existing strategic alliance with an existing Chippewa Valley company or companies.
- Proprietary technology, intellectual property or competitive advantage.
- Strong management team with relevant skills and successful experience.
- An exit strategy for the investors.
- A desire for advice and coaching.
- Potential to make a significant impact on the Chippewa Valley.
- Significant investment dollars from management team, friends and family.
- A minimum of $100,000 in equity financing, with enough stake to influence company direction.
- Company valuation must have large-multiple (10x+) appreciation potential.
Investors will look for situations where the capital sought will take the company to the next level, and materially increase its valuation. A company must be able to demonstrate how it will use the investment to complete at least some of the following:
- Proof of concept
- Prototype of its product or technology
- Patent filing (for broad patent)
- Product development
- Market research
- Product launch
- Major contract or customers
- Management team
Want more information?
Please contact Pete Marsnik for more information.